HPU’s eAds Service is provided for HPU students. HPU students, faculty and staff may use this service to advertise rooms, apartments, or houses for rent.
This service is provided to HPU students who agree to abide by the policies as presented. By submitting an advertisement, you indicate that you have read, understand, and agree to the policies.
Hawaii Pacific University reserves the right, through its monitoring system, to remove any advertisements without notification that do not confirm to the established policies.
The University reserves the right to refuse use of this service to anyone at any time, for any reason, and to permanently ban or cancel any user from the service without prior notification if it is found that the user is in violation of the policies as provided. Repeated reports of unprofessional conduct may lead to cancellation of any individual's access and privilege's to use eAds.
All users agree to indemnify and hold harmless the University for any loss, liability, and damage arising from use of this service or in connection with the contents of any advertisement posted in this service.
The University reserves the right to modify or add additional requirements to the policies at any time without prior notification.
All agreements are between the student and the advertiser. The University does not endorse any advertisement.
The University strongly encourages written agreements for any rental property. Students who enter into a verbal or e-mailed agreement are expected to complete the transaction in a timely, businesslike manner. Repeated reports of unprofessional conduct may lead to cancellation of a student, faculty, or staff’s rights to use the eAds service.
Advertisements that are strictly prohibited include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Containing profanity;
• Are of a personal, romantic, pornographic, sexual, racist, religious, or political nature;
• Constitute sexual harassment;
• Infringe or violate another party's intellectual property rights, including another party's copyrights, trademark rights, or trade secret rights or rights of privacy, publicity or personality;
• Negatively reflect upon the University or its students and employees;
• Placed on behalf of a third party, such as a store owner or apartment manager, vendor, or any other agency or business;
• Are discriminatory in any way. Per federal and state laws, housing advertisements may not discriminate based on sex, race, age, color, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians; pregnant women; people security custody of children under 18), national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Individuals who have posted advertisements are entirely responsible and liable for all activities, conduct, etc., in using this service.
eAds Ad Reposting Policy
All posted advertisements will automatically expire 30 days after the initial posting unless the user posting the ad specifies a shorter time period. Advertisements may be reposted for an additional 30-day period. The user is responsible for re-submitting an ad if the property is still available for rents.
An eAd may be posted only one time during a 30-day period. If the advertiser needs to modify a posted eAd, they should refer to instructions for ad modification under the “eAds Help” section. Posting of duplicate or similar eAds for something already posted is prohibited; these eAds may be removed without notification to the user. Repeated abuse may result in the user’s being permanently banned from using the eAds system without notification to the user.